Just Curious

Please state the answer in the form of a question... Just Curious is the occassional blog of Andrew Nelson. In an attempt to balance the polemical tone of most of the blogosphere, all entries hope to pose at least one useful question. Many entries simply advance useful memes. Personal entries may abandon the interrogative conceit.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

starting again

Welcome to the new Just Curious. My old blog, which existed at Graham's nores domain, was overcome with spam comments. This space, while less independent, seems more stable.

This is intended to be something a little more than a personal blog, but it's not going to be anything "important." I have no intention of posting every day. It is unlikely that any of my posts will reveal anything about my personal life. However, I think that my infrequent posts should be somewhat useful, maybe a little more to people who already know me.

The main purpose of the blog is to ask questions (hence the name). If I have a question that 1) I can't answer worth a damn or 2) seems like a question whose answer would be useful or 3) both, I'll post it here, and count on the limitless power of the internet (cough) to answer it. At the least, I hope to draw some interesting speculation.

This blog will also take over the "idea bank" page that existed (or still exists, depending on the date) on my Northwestern site. The bank itself was a good idea (thanks to Julia for the name) but it makes more sense in the blog format.

I will also use this blog to do what most blogs do -- push memes. If there is a piece of data, online or off, that I think people should be aware of, I will acknowledge it here.

Finally, this will be a space for short writing that doesn't belong anywhere else, cries for help, notes in bottles, public threats, miscellaneous announcements, and possibly even poetry.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home