Just Curious

Please state the answer in the form of a question... Just Curious is the occassional blog of Andrew Nelson. In an attempt to balance the polemical tone of most of the blogosphere, all entries hope to pose at least one useful question. Many entries simply advance useful memes. Personal entries may abandon the interrogative conceit.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

wireless etiquette question

If you pay to use wireless through a service like T-Mobile, do you have the right to use the facilities of a Borders or Starbucks (chairs, outlets, etc.) without buying anything to eat or drink? I can't think of any logical reason why not, but I'm not sure I could do it without feeling rude. Related question -- what if it's the Unicorn Café, where you can but a year's worth of wireless for $10? Or what about places that pay for wireless through an "internet tip jar"? If I put fifty cents in the jar, do I need to buy coffee to plug in?

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home