Just Curious

Please state the answer in the form of a question... Just Curious is the occassional blog of Andrew Nelson. In an attempt to balance the polemical tone of most of the blogosphere, all entries hope to pose at least one useful question. Many entries simply advance useful memes. Personal entries may abandon the interrogative conceit.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

how do I fake being from Chicago?

I like to think I'm doing it rather well, since I actually live in Evanston (tho I have a significant other in Lakeview... maybe it's kind of like citizenship?). Anyway, here is a useful guide to Chi-town vocab. Particularly enjoyable:
Da Bears: Said only by suburban people who want to feel like Chicagoans, referring to the Chicago Bears. Originates from a Saturday Night Live sketch.

Da Bulls: Said only by suburban people who want to feel like Chicagoans, referring to the world champion Chicago Bulls. Originates from another Saturday Night Live sketch.
Though I know this is probably not a purely Chicago thing, I'm tempted to add "Save big money at Menard's!", which has been stuck in my head ever since I moved here.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home